Friday, January 29, 2010

Best economic growth in six years

The economy finnally grew

The economy finally grew this past quarter. It’s been 6 years since it has grown at this fast of pace. The economy has grown 5.7% which shows us that the economy is on the rise and has beaten all the rates that were projected for the 4th quarter with an estimated 4.7% growth. This is the highest percentage since 2003. But even with this surprising increase this past year was the worst year our economy has faced since 1991.
There is some word that the recession ended sometime in the last year but the GDP never reports anything until they are positive which may take 6 months to a year. This is because sales are up. Auto sales and personal consumption both grew this past quarter.
Even with the good signs of hope for our economy, we still need to get people jobs in order to get them to feel comfortable spending more money, this is greatly need for 2/3 of the economic activity is from consumers spending.
But not all of our hard work with the stimulus discounts this year was a waste. It actually might be the reason for the growth that we have seen. The auto and home discounts that we have received from the government helped our economy more than most of us first thought. But unfortunately this kind of stimulus can only help us so much because they are so hard to keep going.
“it is normal to have a burst of acceleration coming out of a recession, particularly a sharp recession, and then have growth ease back,” this brings me a lot of hope. I know that in the past month the stock market has dropped another 600 points and I was starting to feel that we would never get out of these terrible times. The business that I work for recently had to close their doors because of the times and I was really kind of worried about what I was going to do until I can find another job, if I can find another job with unemployment rates so high.
But I’m super glad to hear that there is hope for my future and for the future of our country. I feel that if we stay in the rut we are presently in we will probably fall into a huge hole and possibly be taken over by another country while we are at our weakest. I know that many counties would love to get back at us; this would be a great way of doing so. At least we have somthing to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment